5 most inspiring features to improve your mLearning
The winning products can be split into 3 groups:
- Content authoring tools (Skillcatch, Kitaboo)
- LMS’s (CellCast Solution, Kitaboo, LITMOS)
- Qualcomm’s Employee App Store
All of these products have certain common features — the ones a user would expect from any top-notch product nowadays. These features include convenient learner and content management tools, content import/export ease due to SCORM compliance and LTI, multiple gamification techniques, API with connectors for smooth integration with third-party systems, detailed analytics, deep branding and customization possibilities, various security measures (Single Sign-On, third party authorization), etc.
However, each of these apps provides a unique experience that the users (and experts) adore:
- Why learn when you can play? CellCast Solution is an LCMS (Learning Content Management System) built around the core idea that gamified learning is the best way of learning. Courses are presented in the form of Gaming Profiles that are fun and interesting to accomplish and each activity grants immediate gratification.
- Download the apps you like to build the self-serve learning you love! Qualcomm Employee App Store helps create curated sources of apps (both Qualcomm-built and from third-party vendors) for daily business practices and corporate mLearning, while providing a secure ecosystem only the company employees have access to.
- Take an eBook and turn it into a course! KITABOO offers fully adaptive learning paths, interactive templates gallery, and a possibility of student-student and student-teacher interaction and collaboration on eBook via the cloud-based learning platform.
- Catch the talent performing using your mobile device — and turn it into MOOC in minutes! SkillCatch is an iOS/Android app allowing turning phone-recorded videos into online course units, adding texts, images, outlines and using multiple layouts to structure the sequences of videos, while creating a library of videos for the learners’ convenience
- Take the modules from different courses, carve your unique learning path! Litmos LMS allows grouping modules from various courses to create truly personalized adaptive learning paths and increase the learner’s engagement, along with delivering the created content via a wide variety of platforms and devices to provide seamless user experience.
As you can see, all the solutions above share certain common features, yet each of them has something unique to offer to the instructional designers and learners. Following the same principle will help you deliver mLearning products that will have great chances to become a success!