How to Choose a Good Learning Management System
Do I Really Need a Learning Management System?
First of all, you should analyze your company’s current needs and requests:
- Would you prefer your employees to be able to learn anywhere and anytime?
- Should your educational content allow intensive reuse?
- Would you like to be able to choose between blended learning and online learning?
- Do you wish your corporate training program to be easily scalable?
- Would you like to be able to compose/adjust the course content fast?
- Would you like to have an ongoing employee performance increase program?
- Does your company require some serious customization of the LMS chosen?
If answering these questions makes you realize that the goals of your corporate training program cannot be achieved using standard training methods, it’s time for you to take a closer look at eLearning LMS.
Why can Open edX LMS Become the Best Choice?
There are a lot of learning management systems for corporate training out there, yet we think Open edX will meet all of the aforementioned goals perfectly. And here’s why:
- Open edX Studio provides great tools for designing online learning courses – you can combine texts, videos, quizzes, practical exercises, etc. into easy-to-comprehend and supervise courses.
- Due to using xBlock technology, different components can be combined in any needed sequence, allowing tailoring the course content for your needs.
- Open edX works well as the tool for providing both blended and fully online learning, due to the ease of LMS usage both for students and instructors.
- Open edX scales great, so your course can be used by a dozen of students or by several hundred thousand – grading and tracking tools work perfectly in either case.
- Xblock course creation technology allows combining lots of already existing content blocks into a course and adjusting them on the fly so that you can create your MOOCs in mere hours.
- All created courses are saved in the Studio and are available for updates at any given moment, which allows creating a huge knowledge base that will always be at your disposal and can be adjusted with ease if need be.
- Open edX is open source, meaning it allows deep customization of the product, so you can tailor both the Open edX Studio and LMS to fit any specific requests you might have. For example, Raccoon Gang has implemented a Telegram bot technology into Open edX. This allows interactive gamification of the learning process and greatly improves students’ experience because they become active participants instead of being mere listeners.
- The last but not the least – Open edX is free to use and after initial setup and tailoring investments does not require substantial licensing or maintenance expenses.
eLearning Management System should be simple to use both for students and instructors, should provide smooth course authoring, grading, and tailoring for each particular MOOC you create. It should require adequate financial investments and minimal technical knowledge to setup and configure. Open edX meets all of these requests so feel free to give it a try! And in case you want to have specific additional features – Raccoon Gang is always here to help!